Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Guest Writer Sharon Foor - May 1, 2012

Hello Friends and Welcome to my blog! :)

I am so blessed to share with you my friend Sharon Foor who is our guest writer today for today's message and she is a beauty as well as very talented writer but as a singer too...she sings on our worship team at church and has a beautiful voice...please leave some love for her today! :)

IN THE MIDST OF THE STORMS

The seas of life find all of us from time to time riding out the waves of the storm that rages it’s fury  against our boat called life.  Such a time finds us all calling out to the Master of the wind and sea.

These past few weeks has had myself in the midst of a mighty strong storm. As the waves billowed and the sea raged it’s anger of furry at my boat, I still found myself with a peace so deeply grounded that if my boat were to capsize I still would find myself in the peaceful presence of Christ Jesus. 

As the storm raged hard and long I was gently reminded of Peter and the disciples riding out a storm on the Sea of Galilee. Jesus got into the boat and His disciples followed.  As they were sailing Jesus fell asleep.  Immediately , not later, but , immediately and suddenly a violent storm arose on the sea, and the boat was being hit hard with the waves of the raging storm. Fear gripped the disciples’ hearts to where they feared for their lives.  They called upon Jesus saying, “Master, Master we are going to die.”

How often do we find ourselves sailing along the sea of life on a calm day only to find out suddenly that a storm has begun to rage against our boat?  The storm rages violently and fear grips our hearts wondering if our boat will capsize and our precious life be gone. It’s during the storms of our lives that we find our need for Christ more strongly.

Our need is greater  during that time, for our focus is not that on Christ, but on our storm.  As the waves continue to batter our boat the fear that is besetting us becomes larger with each pounding wave of water.  As the gale wind blows and the skies darken it is then that we call out to the Master of the wind and sea.

It was during the darkness of my storm that Christ began to shine brighter. As my mind was focused on the storm, my heart was crying to my Master. He heard my cries and my fears. When all words that were spoken and all tears cried that could be cried, He then listened to my heart cry out while the storm raged it’s fury against my boat.  Just as He awoke to hear his disciple’s crying to their Master, He too heard my cry, and He will hear your cry.

He then will arise and rebuke the winds and the raging waves that rage against your boat. He will say to them, “Peace be still”.  Then with His gentle soothing voice He will speak your name, and with eyes full of love, and arms open wide, He will hold you and comfort you until His peace that surpasses all understanding will flow from Him to His loving child. He will hold you and He won’t let go.

It’s during the storms of our lives that our faith becomes stronger. Didn’t He say to the disciples in the boat , “Where is your faith?” They were fearful and amazed at the same time and questioned each other, “Who can this be? He commands even the winds and the waves and they obey Him!”  Where is our faith during these times?  Are we like the disciples that when the storm came they knew who to turn to, or are we unsure, fearful and lost on the stormy seas? Our faith lies in our truth and knowledge of the words that the Master promised. He said that He would never leave us or forsake us.

So the next time the storms of life rage against the boat we call life, don’t focus on the storm that is raging, instead wake up the Master of the wind and sea, and gently call His name, and rest in the assurance that He will say to your storm…Peace be still!!


Sharon Foor

Thanks dear friend for writing for me today...you are a blessing...thanks to all of you who have stopped by and don't forget the love! :)  If you are interested in writing a faith message as my guest please let me know and I would love to have ya! :) we can really learn from one another....have a blessed week my friends! :) hugs

In His Love,
Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment