Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day - May 13, 2012

Hello Friends and Welcome to my blog! :)

First off, I want to wish all of you mothers out there a very special Mother's Day!! Hope you have a happy one and hope you had a blessed one...it is not easy being a mom in this day and age! 

I been a single mom for over 20 years and it has not been easy and therefore I have to take time out for me...hehe...and I think we all need to do that whether single or married!  so hopefully you had a nice break and or will have a day off to celebrate yourself and your specialness. You are so special ...you are the apple of God's eye...so don't forget that! :)

Sometimes we feel unappreciated or not valued enough but God values us more than we ever dreamed....he knows the load we carry and how we love our children and how we want what is best for them...even when we have to break their hearts and put the rules in place that may not be popular today...in today's culture it is all about self and what I want...teens are especially bad about this principle and they have to realize we do what we think is best just like our Father in heaven does for us...and it may make them mad and feel like well "everyone has it or they do it" but we have to live up to higher standards for God.  He wants us to be that Proverb 31 woman....it is attainable but it does take work ...I have not reach the full potential but I still try no matter what...I highly recommend you all read the Proverbs there is one for each day of the month! so that will be easy to do and keep doing it everyday till you have it down/memorized.  I guarantee you that it will be worth reading along with your other readings you do...it really helps us to be a better person/Mom and be the woman God wants us to be.

I know as a single mom it is difficult to maintain that sane attitude when you are the person doing it all especially if you don't have a good support system or being shunned for whatever reason.  But I praise God that he helps me through...it is not always pretty to keep a good attitude or be the displliner in the household especially when a father does not care or partake of raising your children...I have that problem...it was his choice but I don't regret my children and I will not make them feel inferior for it.  I am not perfect but I do the best I can and with what I am given...I am blessed to have my two sons, they are smart and funny and yep they can annoy me and make me mad at times and have made me cry and have hurt me but that is all part of the package as a Single Mom...but I am still proud of them regardless and I love them with all that I have and I have shared my faith with them and they have to find theirs and go the way He wants them to go...but I will always pray for them.. Be there for them as they reached their dreams and grow in their lives and even there to help them when they fall...just like our Father in heaven does for me and he will for you.  Have faith in yourself to go on and do and be the best mom you can be...God will help you and lead you and be there when you need strength and encouragement and most of all feeling loved.

Proverbs 31:10-31 is all about being the Proverb Woman but I have a favorite scripture that always speaks to me...I am going to share it with you and leave this with you tonight...

Proverbs 31:25
She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.

So whatever you to do to celebrate Mother's Day just remember that God made you with a special task and it is a great honor and to be an example of his love to your children as well as others.  Be blessed and hugs! :) 
Thanks for stopping by...
In His Love,
Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment